First Stage of Project Evaluation And Review Technique
1. Market information collection
The top decision-making level of the company determines the development direction of the new product according to the customer’s requirements and the forecast of the marketing department. After the marketing department obtains the order, contract or agreement of the new product from the customer, it collects relevant information about the product, such as technical agreements and related laws and regulations, and product specifications. Including appearance, performance, function, matching size, etc. After analysis, the “Project Development Proposal” was drafted and submitted to the Product R&D Department.
The marketing department outputs written documents
2. Initial review of the project
The R&D department conducts feasibility reviews on customers or related materials and the proposed development project, and forms a “feasibility evaluation report”. The feasibility evaluation includes product development design feasibility evaluation: materials, performance, appearance, dimensions, tools, production technology, equipment, and development cycle.
Second Stage of Project Evaluation And Review Technique
The Transformation stage of customer technical requirements.
1. The R&D manager convenes a development meeting and organizes members to compile the “Product Development Plan”, including the division of R&D stages and task arrangements, the arrangements for review, verification, and confirmation activities at each stage, and product certification (such as 3C certification, etc.) if necessary ；
2. The R&D department organizes members to plan the R&D plan for each functional module of the product, compile detailed product functional module R&D plans, and organize related members to review and verify the completeness and correctness of the plan, and prepare the “Development Plan Review Report”,
3. The R&D department outputs written documents: electrical schematic diagram, component list, printed board diagram, hardware design description, software flow chart, software list, software design description, structural design diagram, assembly diagram, panel nameplate diagram, packaging design diagram, Product manual, certificate, packing list.
Three Stage of Project Evaluation And Review Technique
The prototype stage
The prototype is divided into stages of design, trial production, testing, and finalization. If the intermediate process review fails, it is necessary to repeatedly improve the design, trial production, and test until the product appraisal confirms the small batch trial production drawing.
1. Process review: ① Evaluate the quality assurance system of production ② Evaluate the technical force, testing capabilities, environmental conditions, the production capacity of the production ③ Evaluate the supplier
2. Output written documents: initial process flow chart, initial work instruction, initial product packaging specification, initial PFMEA, tooling, and tooling
3. Prototype confirmation
Appearance: bubbles, chromatic aberration, deformation, silkscreen, surface roughness…
Size: The key size is based on the drawing data. Parameters: Whether it meets the list of special characteristics
Function: Whether to meet the requirements Material: Whether to choose according to specifications
Confirm other elements: drawings, documents, testing equipment, fixtures, molds
Fourth Stage of Project Evaluation And Review Technique
The trial production stage
1. Preparation before trial production
When the improved design, trial production, and test are over, the small-scale production technology preparation can be carried out after the review is passed. It mainly includes process design, design, and manufacture of self-made equipment and tooling, ordering of outsourcing equipment, selection of supporting points for collaborative parts, and procurement of raw and auxiliary materials for production.
2. Organize trial production team members
R&D engineer, process engineer, production supervisor/manager, quality assurance engineer, equipment engineer
NPI engineers confirm the preparations for trial production, including confirmation of personnel, equipment, materials, process flow diagrams, process specifications, work instructions, tooling fixtures, mold fixtures, production environment, etc., and conduct trial production in accordance with the trial production plan. Collect production data
3. Trial production review
Participating departments: R&D department, engineering department, quality assurance department, production department, purchasing unit
Evaluation elements: 1. Appearance requirements 2. Performance 3. Function 4. Tooling and fixture 5. Production conditions
After the small batch trial production, it must be submitted to the customer for an evaluation report. After the evaluation is passed, the technical documents of the product, process, equipment, etc. can be converted into official production documents after being modified.
4. The technical department outputs written documents
“Formally archive BOM and drawings”, “Production Process Sheet”, “Training Materials”, “Operation Instructions”, “Quality Control Plan”, “Product Reliability Test Plan”, “Test Data Record Sheet”, “Test Data Record Report, “Tooling List, Drawings”, “3C Report”, “New Product Inspection Specification”, “New Product Trial Production Report”, “Small Batch Conversion Evaluation Form”, “Engineering Change Application Form”
Fifth Stage of Project Evaluation And Review Technique
The Mass production stage
Before the product is put into mass production, the preparation for the transfer of the R&D department to the production department must be completed, including the preparation of technical data, equipment, materials, tooling fixtures, mold fixtures, the achievement of trial production goals, the setting of mass production goals, and the problems of trial production After the rectification situation is confirmed to be in line, the “Small Batch/Transformation Evaluation Form” will be signed, and the project development will proceed to the mass production stage. After mass production, it will enter the product maintenance cycle to improve product quality. Carry out corrective maintenance and perfect maintenance.
Quality control in the later production stage
Continuous product improvement method: PDCA
Plan Implementation Difference between plan and actual performance Revise the cycle of minor mistakes in plan management Plan Do Check Action (PDCA)
P: Plan A plan made to advance the work (goal creation, work advancement method)
D: Do implementation to advance the work as planned (including the implementation of education and training)
C: Check to confirm the results of the implementation work
A: Action is based on the results of the work, and if necessary, it will be processed and corrected.
Please contact us for more details of project customization, or you can browse our innovative product website HIIFVEE then find some products or services you are interested in.